1. The prepaid SIM cannot be replaced or returned once it is activated.
2. The prepaid SIM must be activated prior to the expiry date stated on its cover. CUHK will not be responsible for any damage and will not provide any repair and/or maintenance services to the prepaid SIM.
3. Cellular Data Service
- The minimum pricing unit is 1KByte. Charges are calculated according to KByte increments.
- Charges for data service are calculated according to the accumulated Mbyte per month on 1 Mbyte increments at the end of each month.
- Charges cut-off based on Hong Kong time zone and 23:59 on the last calendar day of each month.
Payment of a full month charge is required for activation of the prepaid SIM for less than one month.
- The prepaid SIM data service does not support video calls and Multimedia Messages (MMS)
- The actual data transmission speed of the prepaid SIM mobile data service shall be subject to the
prevailing Network condition, hardware, software and other factors, and thus may show performance
variation as a result.
- Data Roaming Service is currently available for use in designated destinations and will be available for use in more destinations in the near future. To protect your interests and to avoid unnecessary Data Roaming charges, you are reminded to check for the update of applicable destinations for Data Roaming Service by browsing our website or calling our Customer Service Hotline before you travel abroad.
4. The prepaid SIM service will be suspended/ terminated under the following circumstances
Suspension of service - the prepaid SIM services will be suspended upon any one of the following situations:
(a) The account value of the prepaid SIM is inadequate to pay for 1 minute connection time or 1 MByte data usage.
(b) The Account Effective Period has expired
Termination - the prepaid SIM will be terminated without refund of account value, if any, and the phone
numbers could not be ported out upon any one of the following situations︰
(a) The prepaid SIM has been suspended for more than 30 days for whatever reason
(b) The prepaid SIM has not been activated before the expiry date of the activation period.（DDMMYYYY）
(c) The prepaid SIM has been terminated for any reason
5. CUHK will not refund or transfer any account value of a prepaid SIM in any of the following circumstances:
(a) The prepaid SIM has been terminated according to Clause 4 above;
(b) User has by his/her own mistaken failed to recharge value to his/her prepaid SIM ;
(c) Any improper and unauthorized use of the account value of the prepaid SIM.
(d) The prepaid SIM is lost with account value.
6. The phone number of the prepaid SIM is randomly assigned. Users cannot choose, withdraw or request to change the assigned mobile number. Upon prepaid SIM termination, users cannot retain or continue to use the assigned mobile number. Under all circumstances, the Mainland China mobile number of the prepaid SIM cannot be ported out.
7. All call connection records are calculated based on CUHK network in Hong Kong. In case of any disputes, the record of CUHK shall prevail.
8. Users agree and acknowledge to receive all electronic messages of any format and nature (including but not limiting to text, voice, sound, image or video message and messages combining text, voice, sound, images or video) and voice mails of any format or nature (including but not limiting to promotional or commercial nature) sent by CUHK during the period when the prepaid SIM is in use, regardless of the electronic addresses of Users have been registered in “Do-not-call” Registers according to the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Ordinance, Cap. 593 of the Laws of Hong Kong at any time.
9. CUHK reserves the right to revise charges for the prepaid SIM. Announcement will be made in China Unicom’s website without further notice. Charges increase revision will come into effect in 30 days after announcement made on the CUHK’s website. Charges decrease revision will come into effect immediately. Users have to visit CUHK ’s website for enquiry about charges revision.
10. CUHK reserves the right to revise the prepaid SIM user guide at any time. The revised terms and conditions will come into effect concurrently without further notice. Users have to visit the CUHK’s website for updated user guide.
11. If CUHK has reason to believe that prepaid SIM has been or has possibly been used for fraudulent or any illegal activities violating any laws and regulations of Mainland China and Hong Kong, or has been used improperly, CUHK has the right to terminate the prepaid SIM service without prior notice. No refund or transfer of the account value will be made.
12. The terms and conditions herein shall replace all the statements and promises made verbally or in writing by any staff or authorized agents of CUHK.
13. CUHK has the right to transfer and/or assign any or all the rights and obligations of the prepaid SIM service to any parties.
14. Any terms and conditions herein found to be illegal, invalid and unenforceable shall be automatically severed and deleted. The terms and conditions shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the People Republic of China.
15. CUHK reserves the right to revise the service charges and/or terms and conditions herein by SMS or by notice in hk.chinaunicom.com with 30 days prior notice.